Monday, July 26, 2010


Hey Guys, I know it's been awhile since my last update... life's been quite busy as of late. Any who I got some time again and I want to introduce a project that I will be working on for the foreseeable future. The Cadian 501st Shock Trooper Regiment.
So it's no secret that I'm a huge fan of the Imperial Guard. They have always been my favorite army, although they were not my first. I started with Blood Angels at the wee age of 11 because my friend Sean was already playing Imperial Guard... gotta be unique at that age ;) Any who when Sean quit I quickly decided to start a force of Cadians. Ever since I've been redoing the force over and over as my skills increase.

The time has come again for me to redo my Cadian force. This time I'll be focusing on a classic "Shock Trooper" regiment. Simply put the Cadian 501st. The list will revolve around massive combined infantry Squads with mounted Karskins/Veterans spearheading the assaults backed up by armor. Basically I'm going to try and follow the background for a Shock Trooper Regiment. I want this list to be very good at "taking on all comers" while at the same time maintaining a bit of fluffyness.

Since I first started IG, my commanding officer has been Colonel Festus... now you know the origin of my name. He started off as a standard Colonel... as time progressed and he tallied up an impressive amount of heroic events. This lead my friends and I to start coming up with a background for him based off of table top deeds. The last incarnation of Festus had him somewhat like Yarrick and Straken smashed together. He had extensive bionics, including a bionic arm (PF). He suffered grievous injuries (every time he was killed on the table top another one was added to the list). In the end he had been modified to the extend of Straken. Because of this he will be using the rules for Straken, and will be leading his Shock Troopers from the front.

~So over the next few months I'll be working with the new tank kits, and building up a sizable infantry force. As I finish units I will elaborate on what went into them and the fluff behind it. Once I have enough stuff for 2500 points I want to expand into the Apocalypse range as I have a close friend who is very much a fan of giant orchestrated battles.  Keep an eye out to see how its progression and pick up paint tips as I work through the beautiful new line of the Imperial Guard. Until next time! Ciao!



blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online