Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Unleash the Beast!

With the competition deadline coming to a close I finished my entry for the Warjack-Warbeast BOLS Painting Competition. I wanted to share it all with you guys and ask you to vote for me! ;)
So I decided to throw my hat into the ring and see if I can win this competition. I haven't painted competitively for almost 5 years. The last time I did I won the state wide competition held at our now close Games Workshop Hobby Center.

This guy was quite fun to paint and as soon as I started him I knew I would have something worthy of entry. I used my classic weathering techniques that are detailed here on my blog as well as a few new ones. The ice/frost was a new addition for me as well as the facing arcs. I felt the blue brought a nice touch of color to the model and helped to offset the red/grey scheme.

The bronze I also tried a new technique on. I starting with a 1:1 mix of Dwarven Bronze to Calathay Brown then washed it with GW's old fashioned Brown Ink. I then highlighted it up to Shinning Gold. I am quite happy with the result and it was much easier and faster to paint that my former technique. Going forward I'll be applying it to all my `jacks and Khador minis. With that being said here are a few pictures!
Good shot of the frost axe


Close up on the weathering
What Beast 09 would be complete without someone to run it!?
~ So there you have it! I'm hoping I can at least place in the top 3 in the competition, get out there and vote! Thanks again guys! As always if you have any questions feel free to drop me a line at col.festus@gmail.com! Stay classy!

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online